Sacramento Public Library Authority
Thursday, May 22, 2014
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Board of Supervisors Chambers
700 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 | Map It
1. Call to Order
1.1 Roll Call/Meeting Statement
1.2 Pledge of Allegiance
2. Public Comment on Matters Not on the Agenda
3. Director's Report
4.1 2014 Summer Reading Program
4.2 Cost Allocation Plan for FY 2014-15
5. Monthly Financial Report – March 2014
6. Quarterly Investment Performance Report Q3-March 2014
7. Action Summary – April 24, 2014
8. Revised Job Descriptions: Capital Project Manager and Community Service Manager
9. Gifts and Donations Report-Jan. 1-April 30, 2014 and Budget Amendment for FY 2013-14
10. Contract Approval: Career Online High School, Cengage Learning
11. Contract Approval: Online Tutoring Service, Brainfuse, Inc.
12. Contract Renewal: Annual Maintenance and Support Agreement, Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
13. Memorandum of Understanding Approval: Legal Services, City of Sacramento
14. Contract Renewal: Workers’ Compensation Insurance, FY 2014-15
15. Annual Investment Policy and Treasurer/Auditor Appointment
16. Unrepresented Personnel Resolution
18. Chair's Report
19. Reports, Ideas, and Questions from Board Members
17. FY 2014-15 Proposed Budget, Position Control Listing and Fine and Fee Structure
Next Meeting:Monday, June 16, 2014 – 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Board of Supervisors Chambers
700 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Please contact the Board Clerk at 264-2808 for further information.
Hearing Assistance Devices are available for use by the public. If interested, please contact Community Relations at 264-2770 for further information.
While the Board welcomes and encourages participation in the Board meetings, it would be appreciated if you would limit your comments to three minutes so that everyone may be heard. Please fill out speaker cards that are provided at the meeting. Public testimony will be permitted on each agenda item as it is called. When it appears there are several members of the public wishing to address the Board on a specific item, at the outset of the item the Chair of the Board will announce the maximum amount of time that will be allowed for presentation of testimony.
Matters under the jurisdiction of the Board, and not on the posted agenda, may be addressed by the general public following completion of the regular agenda and any off agenda matters before the Board for consideration. The Board limits testimony on matters not on the agenda to three minutes per person and not more than fifteen minutes for a particular subject.
For purposes of the Brown Act Open Meeting Law [Government Code Section 54954.2(a)], the numbered items shown on this agenda give a brief description of each item of business to be transacted or discussed at this meeting. The recommendations of the staff, as shown on the agenda or the accompanying report for each item, do not prevent the Board from taking other action. Nor does the categorization of an item of business as other than an “action item” preclude the Board from taking action with respect to that item.
THE SACRAMENTO PUBLIC LIBRARY AUTHORITY BOARD MEETINGS ARE AIRED LIVE ON CHANNEL 14, THE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS CHANNEL, ON THE COMCAST, SUREWEST AND STRATEGIC TECHNOLOGIES CABLE SYSTEMS AND ARE REPEATED AGAIN THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY AFTERNOON AT 4:00 P.M. INFORMATION REGARDING ADDITIONAL REPLAY TIMES MAY BE OBTAINED BY CALLING SACRAMENTO METRO CABLE TV AT (916) 874-7685. MEETINGS MAY ALSO BE VIEWED BY WEBCAST AT WWW.SACMETROCABLE.TV.