Sacramento Public Library Authority
Thursday, February 26, 2015
4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Board of Supervisors Chambers
700 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 | Map It
1. Call to Order
1.1 Roll Call/Meeting Statement
1.2 Pledge of Allegiance
2. Public Comment on Matters Not on the Agenda
4. Closed Session
- 4.1 Closed Session Public Comment
- 4.2 Closed Session Item: Pursuant to California Government Code Section 54957.6 to discuss matters pertaining to negotiations with a recognized employee organization: International Union of Operating Engineers, Stationary Engineers Local 39, AFL-CIO, Covering All Employees in the Library Supervisory Unit. The purpose is to confer with the Library’s chief negotiator, Rivkah K. Sass.
- 4.3 Adjourn Closed Session
- 4.4 Closed Session Report
5. Director's Report
- 6. Monthly Financial Report – November 2014
- 7. Monthly Treasurer’s Report – November 2014
- 8. Monthly Financial Report – December 2014
- 9. Quarterly Investment Report – Q2 – December 2014
- 10. Action Summary – December 16, 2014
- 11. Purchase Contract for Internet Services: Integra Telecom
- 12. Local Telephone Services Contract: AT&T
- 13. Gifts and Donations Report, Nov. 1 to Dec. 31, 2014, and Budget Amendment
17. Chair's Report
18. Reports, Ideas, and Questions from Board Members
- 14. Elimination of Furloughs – Supervisory Unit
- 15. Election of Board Chair and Vice Chair 2015 (No Written Report)
- 16. Appointment of Budget Audit Committee members (No Written Report)
Next Meeting:Thursday, March 26, 2015 – 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Board of Supervisors Chambers
700 H St., Sacramento, CA 95814
Please contact the Board Clerk at 264-2808 for further information.
Hearing Assistance Devices are available for use by the public. If interested, please contact Community Relations at 264-2770 for further information.
While the Board welcomes and encourages participation in the Board meetings, it would be appreciated if you would limit your comments to three minutes so that everyone may be heard. Please fill out speaker cards that are provided at the meeting. Public testimony will be permitted on each agenda item as it is called. When it appears there are several members of the public wishing to address the Board on a specific item, at the outset of the item the Chair of the Board will announce the maximum amount of time that will be allowed for presentation of testimony.
Matters under the jurisdiction of the Board, and not on the posted agenda, may be addressed by the general public following completion of the regular agenda and any off agenda matters before the Board for consideration. The Board limits testimony on matters not on the agenda to three minutes per person and not more than fifteen minutes for a particular subject.
For purposes of the Brown Act Open Meeting Law [Government Code Section 54954.2(a)], the numbered items shown on this agenda give a brief description of each item of business to be transacted or discussed at this meeting. The recommendations of the staff, as shown on the agenda or the accompanying report for each item, do not prevent the Board from taking other action. Nor does the categorization of an item of business as other than an “action item” preclude the Board from taking action with respect to that item.
THE SACRAMENTO PUBLIC LIBRARY AUTHORITY BOARD MEETINGS ARE AIRED LIVE ON CHANNEL 14, THE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS CHANNEL, ON THE COMCAST, SUREWEST AND STRATEGIC TECHNOLOGIES CABLE SYSTEMS AND ARE REPEATED AGAIN THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY AFTERNOON AT 4:00 P.M. INFORMATION REGARDING ADDITIONAL REPLAY TIMES MAY BE OBTAINED BY CALLING SACRAMENTO METRO CABLE TV AT (916) 874-7685. MEETINGS MAY ALSO BE VIEWED BY WEBCAST AT WWW.SACMETROCABLE.TV.