Sacramento Public Library Authority
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Board of Supervisors Chambers
700 H Street, Sacramento, CA 95814 | Map It
1. Call to Order
1.1 Roll Call/Meeting Statement
1.2 Pledge of Allegiance
2. Public Comment on Matters Not on the Agenda
3.1 Proclamation in honor of Roberta MacGlashan upon her retirement
3.2 Proclamation in honor of Betts Flores for service to the Orangevale Library
4. Closed Session
4.1 Closed Session Public Comment
4.2 Closed Session Item: Pursuant to California Government Code Section 54957.6 to discuss matters pertaining to negotiations with a recognized employee organization: International Union of Operating Engineers Local 39 AFL-CIO, covering all employees in the Supervisory Unit. The purpose is to confer with Library Director Rivkah Sass.
4.3 Adjourn Closed Session
4.4 Closed Session Report
5. Director's Report
6. Monthly Financial Report – July 2016
7. Monthly Treasurer’s Report – July 2016
8. Monthly Financial Report – August 2016
9. Monthly Treasurer’s Report – August 2016
10. Monthly Financial Report – September 2016
11. Quarterly Investment Report for Q1
12. FY 2015-16 Security Summary and Report
13. Books and Materials: Baker & Taylor Renewal Update
14. Youth Services Impact Report
15. Facility Master Plan Update 2016
16. Contract for Uniform and Laundry Cleaning Services: Mission Linen Supply
17. City of Sacramento Budget Projections
18. Action Summary – Sept. 22, 2016
19. Authority Board Meeting Schedule for 2017
20. Exhibit Policy and Procedures
21. Pricing Agreements: Enterprise Fleet Management
22. Human Resources Update
23. Contract Approval: Business Directory Database: ReferenceUSA
24. Gifts and Donations Report July 1-Sept. 30, 2016 and FY 16-17 Budget Amendment
25. Children’s Movement Recommendation
26. Sacramento Public Library Annual Audit Report FY 2015-16
27. Memorandum of Understanding between the Sacramento Public Library Authority and International Union of Operating Engineers, Stationary Local 39, AFL-CIO, Covering all Employees in the Supervisory Unit, Dec. 7, 2016 to June 30, 2021
28. Reports, Ideas and Questions from Board Members
Next Meeting:Thursday, Jan. 26, 2017 – 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
City Hall Council Chambers
915 I St., Sacramento, CA 95814
Please contact the Board Clerk at 264-2808 for further information.
Hearing Assistance Devices are available for use by the public. If interested, please contact Community Relations at 264-2770 for further information.
While the Board welcomes and encourages participation in the Board meetings, it would be appreciated if you would limit your comments to three minutes so that everyone may be heard. Please fill out speaker cards that are provided at the meeting. Public testimony will be permitted on each agenda item as it is called. When it appears there are several members of the public wishing to address the Board on a specific item, at the outset of the item the Chair of the Board will announce the maximum amount of time that will be allowed for presentation of testimony.
Matters under the jurisdiction of the Board, and not on the posted agenda, may be addressed by the general public following completion of the regular agenda and any off agenda matters before the Board for consideration. The Board limits testimony on matters not on the agenda to three minutes per person and not more than fifteen minutes for a particular subject.
For purposes of the Brown Act Open Meeting Law [Government Code Section 54954.2(a)], the numbered items shown on this agenda give a brief description of each item of business to be transacted or discussed at this meeting. The recommendations of the staff, as shown on the agenda or the accompanying report for each item, do not prevent the Board from taking other action. Nor does the categorization of an item of business as other than an “action item” preclude the Board from taking action with respect to that item.
THE SACRAMENTO PUBLIC LIBRARY AUTHORITY BOARD MEETINGS ARE AIRED LIVE ON CHANNEL 14, THE GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS CHANNEL, ON THE COMCAST, SUREWEST AND STRATEGIC TECHNOLOGIES CABLE SYSTEMS AND ARE REPEATED AGAIN THE FOLLOWING SATURDAY AFTERNOON AT 4:00 P.M. INFORMATION REGARDING ADDITIONAL REPLAY TIMES MAY BE OBTAINED BY CALLING SACRAMENTO METRO CABLE TV AT (916) 874-7685. MEETINGS MAY ALSO BE VIEWED BY WEBCAST AT WWW.SACMETROCABLE.TV.