A few of the things your library card grants you access to:
How do I find … ?
Books, movies, ebooks and more!
- Use it at all 28 Sacramento Public Library locations
- Check out items at any library and return them to any library. Outside book drops are available during closed hours.
- Check out 30 items at a time, including up to 10 DVDs. Most items can be checked out for three weeks.
- Request items online from any library and have them delivered to your nearest library.
- Access online services 24/7 at www.saclibrary.org — digital magazines, eBooks, audiobooks, etc.
- Use the internet — make a reservation for a session in-person at any library or online. Reservations can be made up to one week in advance.
- Free Wi-Fi at every library
- Print from your laptop
- Online courses for languages, computer skills and more
- Entertaining and educational events for all ages. Pick up a calendar at your local library or visit www.saclibrary.org/events.
Find any of our thousands of items by searching our online catalog from home or at the library. Or just ask for help at the library location
If the item isn’t available at your location,
you can request it. We’ll let you know when the next available copy is ready to pick up.
If our libraries don’t have the item,
you can request it from other libraries across California using the Link+
How do I renew my materials?
Renew your items at the library, over the phone by calling (916) 264-2952 or by logging into your account online at www.saclibrary.org
. Most items can be renewed up to six months if there isn’t a waiting list.
Life happens and before you know it those library items are late. The following overdue fees are applied per item per day:
- Kids item — $.05, max of $1
- Teen items — $.05, max of $1
- All magazines — $.05, max of $1
- Adult items — $.25, max of $5
- All DVDs— $.25, max of $5
- Link+ items — $1, max of $15
- eBooks — no charge
If you use your library card,
- Damaged or lost items — Original price of the item plus a $5 processing fee
- Replacement cost for lost Link+ items — $115
- Reshelving fee for requested item not picked up — $1 for adults
- Returned check fee — $30 per check
- Long overdue accounts may be sent to a collection agency charged an additional fee of $10
- If you owe more than $5 in fines, you may not check out materials or use the library’s public access computers.
- Fines can be paid online or at your library.
notify library staff as soon as possible, or you will be responsible for any items checked out. The cost to replace your card is $2.
New phone number or email?
Update by phone (916) 264-2920 or at www.saclibrary.org
Change of address?
Visit any library to update your account.