How Do I...
Sacramento customers can pay their fines and fees online using a credit or debit card with a Visa or MasterCard logo.
- Log in to My Account.
- Click the link that lists your fines.
- Click the Pay Online button.
- Select the fines that you wish to pay, complete all of the relevant information, and click submit.
- Next a confirmation page will appear. You can print a copy of your receipt at this time and/or click OK. If you have a valid e-mail address, receipt of payment will be sent to the e-mail address you entered in step 4.
Once a card has amassed more than $5.00 in unpaid fines or fees, the card cannot be used to check out library materials, reserve a computer or access the online research collection until the fines or fees are paid.
Lost or Damaged Materials
- Replacement cost of cataloged adult and juvenile materials are determined by the unit price of the item, as listed in the catalog.
- Lost interlibrary loan materials are charged by the owning library ($60 minimum).
- Lost periodicals are $5.
- Lost items obtained through LINK+ are subject to a charge of $115.
- A nonrefundable handling fee of $5 per item will be charged for all lost or replaced items.
- Children’s materials, all magazines, and all paperbacks: $.05 per day late, $1.00 maximum, per item.
- Adult materials: $.25 per day late, $5.00 maximum, per item.
- All videos and DVDs: $0.25 per day late, $5.00 maximum, per item.
- Requested item not picked up: $1 per item
Charges for deliberate damage to library materials will be determined by library staff within established guidelines.
See the complete document for Fine/Fee structure
Learn more about our Borrowing Policies