How Do I...
Renew books, movies, music
You may renew most library materials, unless reserved for another patron, for up to six additional loan periods of three weeks each.
- Sign in to My Account.
- Enter your library card number and PIN.
- Click Submit.
- Click the link that shows how many items you have checked out.
- Select the check box next to each item you wish to renew.
- Click on Renew Selected Items
Didn't work? Reasons might be:
- Someone else has requested the item.
- You have reached the maximum number of renewals (normally six).
- You owe too much money from previous fines (see below for fine thresholds). Login to My Account to pay your fines online.
- Your library card has expired.
- Login to My Account and select Update Personal Info to update your phone or email address.
- Visit your nearest library location or call 916-264-2920 to update your address.
Visit your nearest library location or contact us via phone or email to clear up any of these issues so that you may renew items online.
You may renew overdue materials individually until your total fines exceed the maximum fines allowed.
Log in to My Account to pay fines.
Optionally, you may click the Renew All button to renew all items you have checked out at one time. Please note, however, that if the items have different due dates, they will all be assigned one due date, which is three weeks from the date you renew (this assumes you are renewing three-week items).
To renew items by telephone (except for Link+), call 916-264-2952 or 916-264-2953. Have your library card ready and follow the automated voice prompts.
OverDrive ebooks, audiobooks and video can be renewed three days before a title is set to expire. If the title already has holds, you can't renew it, but you can request it again.
Cloud Library ebooks and audiobooks do not have a renewal option, but can be checked out or requested again.
For Link+ renewals, call 916-264-2920 during our Telephone Reference hours.
Learn more about our Borrowing Policies.