How Do I...
Apply to Volunteer at a local branch
Apply to be an Adult Literacy/ESL Tutor Volunteer
Already a volunteer? Login here: www.myvolunteerpage.com
Why volunteer at the Sacramento Public Library?
- Support library services for over 1.3 million residents in Sacramento County.
- Select from a variety of tasks, including assisting with special events and programs.
- Gain new skills, such as teaching, organization, teamwork, and leadership.
- Check VolunteerMatch for opportunities and search by zip code and interest.
Submitting an Application
- Submit an application if you are interested in being part of our dedicated group of volunteers.
- Staff will contact you as opportunities that match your time, preferred locations, and interests are available.
- Applications will be kept on record for a period of one year.
- While we strive to place as many volunteers as possible within our organization, the Sacramento Public Library may not be able to place each applicant.
- Teen applications require the signature of a parent or legal guardian prior to the start of service.
- The Sacramento Public Library does not currently accept volunteers who are completing community service per court order.
- Submit an application if you are interested in volunteering.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 916-264-2920 with any questions.
- While volunteering allows individuals to provide support and assistance to the Sacramento Public Library, volunteering for the organization does not imply potential employment with the library.