Sacramento Public Library is excited about its thought-provoking series, Let’s Talk About, which is designed to engage the local community in the lost art of conversation.
Think of it as a meetup — for your mind.
The series addresses topics we often shy away from discussing, which could be as simple as an examination of a divergent way of thinking or as complicated as tackling the controversies we see in the news.
Join us as an observer or a thoughtful contributor. The event is yours and we promise to provide a respectful environment for you to discover, learn and grow.
Have an idea for a future discussion? Send us an email. We’d like to hear your thoughts.
- Gender with Dr. Gayle Pitman and Rachael Hudson (June 11, 2017)
- Immigration with Firoozeh Dumas (March 7, 2017)
- Voting with the Project for an Informed Electorate (Sept. 28, 2016)
- Death & dying with Caitlin Doughty (May 15, 2016)
- Race & racism with Ginger Rutland and Dia Penning (Feb. 28, 2016)
All Let's Talk About events are filmed for those who are unable to make the event. Seating space is provided for those who wish not to be filmed.