BE SAFE ONLINE
Top 5 tips to give kids for internet safety
1. Never give out your name, home address, school name, or phone number online
2. Don’t send photos of yourself to anyone you meet online
3. Never write or chat with anyone who makes you feel uncomfortable or scared
4. Don’t meet someone from online without the permission of your parent
5. Tell your parent right away if you read or find anything online makes you feel uncomfortable
Talk with your child and decide together the time of day and length of time your child can be online, and appropriate websites to visit.
Set up rules discouraging them from sharing any personal information online, including name, address, school, or photos, without your permission.
Learn how privacy preferences work on social networking sites and discuss these settings with your child.
Visit websites and social networking sites together, so that you can teach your child how to be safe online.
Want to learn more about online safety?