Before requesting a Community Room reservation, read the following:
For and in consideration of the permission herein granted for the use of a library meeting room, the user accepts the following obligations:
- To exercise reasonable care in the use of the Library’s property and indemnify and hold harmless the Library from and against any loss, damage, liability, claim or demand caused in whole or in part by negligent acts or omissions of the user. Security for meetings held outside normal library hours is the responsibility of the group using the facility and may be required if deemed necessary by library staff.
- To use the Library’s property only for lawful purposes and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances, including the attached Policy. The Library shall not be responsible for any personal injuries or property loss during use.
- Room set up and take down is the responsibility of the group using the facility. To leave the room in the same condition in which it was accepted, and to return chairs and tables to their original arrangement (see diagram on wall). There will be an actual cost charged for any cleaning required beyond normal daily cleaning as billed to the library. To ensure that the lights, appliances and other equipment have been turned off and, if the library is closed, that the meeting room is locked and the alarm set when the group has completed its meeting.
- If a card key has been issued, the card key must be returned in the book drop immediately after the scheduled meeting room use in the envelope provided by the library. (During library open hours, users will notify staff that the group is leaving.)
- There is no rental fee, but there is a $50 reimbursement required when staff or security must secure a meeting room when the library is not open or extraordinary cleaning is required after a room has been used. User shall be responsible for paying any damage to library property occurring during use.
I have read and agreed to the Library's Meeting Room Policy.
- Community rooms may be used for non-commercial purposes only and meetings or events must be open to the public free of charge.
- Room Reservations must be requested at least 72 hours in advance and cancellations should be made at least 3 days before the scheduled booking.
- Reservations are subject to cancellation if the space is needed for a library use or activity.
- PRIVILEGE MAY BE REVOKED FOR NON-COMPLIANCE WITH LIBRARY RULES:
- No smoking inside the facility or within 20 feet of any door, window, or ventilation intake.
- No excessive noise – noise level shall not disturb regular library activities of reading, studying and quiet contemplation nor shall it disturb residential neighbors.
- An adult must be present at any meetings of youth under 18 years old.
- No group may use the name of the Sacramento Public Library in their publicity, except as part of the address, unless the Library agrees in writing to co-sponsor the event/meeting.