Starting from a one-room, home-based contract station beginning in 1922, our branch found its permanent home at its present Marconi Avenue site in 1964. It was extensively remodeled in 2006 to add a teen area, children’s tower, and meeting rooms.
Several public art works reside at Carmichael, including Sheri Simons’ “Moment,” which resembles stacked books, and the suspended “Auto-graph” in the Kids’ Place reading tower. Donald Herberholz’s metal work depicting an African-animal scene greets visitors at the library’s entrance.
View our events on a printable monthly calendar.