Rio Linda Library recently moved to the site of the former Rio Linda Elementary School. This beautifully renovated building offers modern technology in a very welcoming, cozy setting. There are comfortable armchairs in each area of the library, and plenty of tables and chairs for reading, studying, and hanging out. The children’s area offers toys, puppets, and a small puppet theatre for the children, donated by the active Friends group. Windows look out over a playground and softball field. Entrance to the large parking lot is from 6th Street. The first library in Rio Linda opened on September 26, 1916. Our centennial is just around the corner!