We offer two tiers of printing service
Tier 1: Print-only Set-up
$25 set-up fee, plus printing charges for each copy*
Tier 2: Self-Publishing Set-up
$99 set-up fee, plus printing charges for each copy*
- Consult with the Publishing Assistant through every step of the process.
- Receive one proof copy before your first production run so that you can review it and make any necessary changes before printing more.
- Receive one upload of your revisions.
- Your files remain on the secure server indefinitely. More copies can be printed whenever you want them.
- You have the option of uploading further revisions at any time for a $10 fee.
*$4.00 per book plus $.025 cents per page with tax for a book with white interior paper
A La Carte Services
- Author Revision: $10 for upload
- ISBN insertion: $25
- Bar code insertion: $25
- LCCN: $25 plus the cost of one book and postage fee.
- Basic Cover and Spine Construction: $50/hour. One hour maximum.
- 1 copyright plus the cost of 2 books and postage fee: $55
Pricing & Distribution FAQ
How are books printed with I Street Press distributed?
Can anyone buy my book directly from I Street Press?
Are books printed with I Street Press placed in the Library's collection?
The Sacramento Public Library’s prices are competitive with those of online publishing sites. However we offer something that they can’t: face-to-face individualized attention. Depending on what tier of service you choose, we provide you with a printed proof before your book goes into production; online publishers send you an electronic proof. Most importantly, we’re a community-based service of the Sacramento Public Library.