Get one-on-one Job Coaching
Are you looking for a job? Feeling a bit rusty on your interview skills or bewildered by all the new technology a successful job search demands? We can help.
We offer one-on-one job coaching at many of our libraries. Our skilled and experienced volunteer coaches can help you:
- Write a better resume.
- Ace your interview.
- Search online job listings.
- Create a free email address.
- Answer your questions about the job search process.
How to enroll:
- Sessions last a half hour to one hour.
- Appointments are encouraged and can be made at the service desk of the library branch, or by calling the Sacramento Public Library telephone reference line at 916-264-2920.
- Some branches allow appointments to be made online by going to our Events page and searching “job coach” for the branch nearest you.
- Please bring a current resume if you have one, either a paper copy or on a cloud based storage site (google docs, onedrive, dropbox, etc.).
Here is a full list of the job coach locations and times we currently offer:
Sundays from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Tuesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Wednesdays from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Fair Oaks Library
Saturdays from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Fridays from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Wednesdays 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
North Natomas Library
Wednesdays from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Rio Linda Library
First and third Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 5:45 p.m.
Rancho Cordova Library
Please speak with a staff member at the branch or email for a personal appointment.
South Natomas Library
Wednesdays from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Starting December 2, 2015)
Sylvan Oaks Library
Thursdays from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Valley Hi Library
Second Saturday each month from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Coaching is one of several job search resources we offer. Others include:
- Online Job & Career services, including mock interview practice, resume feedback, computer courses and career assessments.