Are you a teen looking for a way to get involved this summer? Apply to be a part of our Summer Youth Library Leadership Program. This is a fully virtual, 6-week development opportunity, which takes place on Zoom.
You’ll work with a team of teens and librarians to provide feedback on library programs, attend virtual library events like Anime Trivia & Comic Book Club, and develop leadership skills that will help you get a job (or be even better at the one you have). Participants who complete the program will receive a $300 stipend.
Each week, participants will spend a day evaluating current library programs for teens, and a day participating in activities to develop workforce readiness skills in areas such as communication, conflict resolution, decision making, and problem-solving. Participants will also attend virtual library programs for teens on Friday afternoons. Work will be done collaboratively with other participants and librarians. At the end of the program, participants will have the opportunity to present their ideas to a panel of library staff members. There is a place on the team for everyone and we are so excited to have you.
The Summer Leadership Program will have two teams. Session schedule is as follows:
Session 1: June 22 – July 29
This team meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2–3:30 p.m., and Fridays from 4 – 5 p.m.
Session 2: June 23 – July 30
This team meets on Wednesdays from 2 – 3:30 p.m., and Fridays from 2 – 3:30 p.m. & 4 – 5 p.m.
• Applications open May 1 and close May 23 at 11:59 p.m.
• This program is open to all interested youth between the ages of 13 – 18 years old
• Interviews will be scheduled in early June
• A virtual orientation with an overview of the program will take place the week before each session begins. Orientation attendance is not mandatory
• To remain eligible for the stipend, participants are able to miss up to one week (or two sessions) of work
• If you do not have a computer/ Wi-Fi access at home, we will arrange for participation at a library location or provide Wi-Fi hotspot from our collection
• All sessions will take place on Zoom and closed captioning will be provided
For more information, contact Amy Little.