Sacramento Public Library is currently recruiting teen volunteers for our Virtual Homework Zone program.
Every week, students in Kindergarten through 8th grades drop in at the Virtual Homework Zone
, where trained teen coaches help them complete their school assignments.
Interested in joining other teens in this opportunity to serve your community, gain work experience, and receive mentoring from library staff? Consider applying!
**All candidates for the position will be required to complete volunteer paperwork and attend an orientation and training session before starting.
Ready to join our team? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to get started!
- Must be a current high school student under 18 years of age
- Must be available Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday afternoons between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m.
- Must have access to an internet connected computer with full zoom compatibility
- Previous volunteering, homework help, or tutoring experience preferred but not required
- Interview and confirmation of a 3.0 GPA required (no disqualification if it slipped below 3.0 during the spring 2020 or fall 2020 semesters)
- Bilingual applicants are very welcome