Sacramento Public Library is currently recruiting high school students to volunteer as coaches for our Virtual Homework Zone program.
Virtual Homework Zone utilizes the academic, social, behavioral, and technological skills and experiences of high school age volunteers to create a supportive learning environment for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade in a virtual setting. Students connect via Zoom, are paired with teen coaches, then use white boards, screen sharing, verbal discussion, chat, and video to work through the student’s school assignments in breakout rooms. The Virtual Homework Zone’s success is thanks to the dedication of our exceptional high school volunteers from all over the county.
Interested in joining other teens in this opportunity to serve your community, gain work experience, and receive mentoring from library staff? Consider applying!
Eligibility parameters include:
1. Must be a resident of Sacramento County.
2. Must be a current high school student who is under 18 years of age.
3. Must be available every Wednesday or Thursday between 3:30 and 5:30 p.m.
4. Must have reliable access to an internet connected computer with full Zoom compatibility.
5. Must have a 3.0 GPA or higher.
6. Bilingual applicants are very welcome.
This recruitment is open until September 15, 2021 or until we have 20 eligible applicants. Applications received after September 15 or after we have reached 20 eligible applicants will be added to a Virtual Homework Zone volunteer waiting list.
Interested applicants should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.