OverDrive has announced that they will be discontinuing the OverDrive app for iOS, Android, and Windows 8/10 on May 1, 2023.* We encourage you to make the switch to Libby, OverDrive's newer reading app. Libby is made by the same people, with the same goal of connecting you to your library and to your favorite books, audiobooks, and magazines.
To continue accessing our collection, you will need to switch to Libby beginning May 1. Libby continues to add new features and updates based on reader and librarian feedback. Libby offers many unique features and options that are not available in the OverDrive app. And don't worry, once you add your library card to your Libby account, your holds and loans will be transfered over and waiting for you! You can find additional information about making the switch to Libby including FAQs & a walkthrough video here.
Features unique to Libby include:
*The OverDrive for Windows and OverDrive for Mac desktop software that allows users to download audiobooks and transfer them to MP3 players will not be sunset on May 1. Users who already have it installed can continue to download audiobooks.
- A central Shelf: Loans and holds from all your libraries are automatically added to your Shelf .
- Improvements to navigating book series: Easily find the next book in a series from search results, title details, and your Shelf. Libby makes it easier than ever to discover books in a series.
- Unlimited tags: Create custom tags to categorize books however you’d like, and use Libby’s smart tags to track what you've borrowed or get notified about new issues of your favorite magazines.
- More notification options: Get push notifications on your mobile device (or emails from libbyapp.com) for available holds, expiring loans, and more.
- Access to more content with Libby Extras: Get access to extra learning or entertainment resources (like Kanopy, Craftsy, ArtistWorks, and more).