The mission of Sacramento Public Library is to inspire our communities to discover, learn and grow by developing and presenting programs that reflect the needs of the community and the goals of the library.
Program proposals from the public that complement the library are welcome and will be considered. Programs are selected by the Library Programming Committee using the following criteria to select program topics, speakers and accompanying resources:
Library Program Guidelines
- Community needs and interests
- Availability of each library’s physical space
- Treatment of content for intended audience
- Presentation quality
- Presenter background/qualifications in content area
- Historical or educational significance
- Relation to library priorities, collections, resources and programs
Propose a Program
- Programs must comply with the library meeting room policy.
- Programs are open to the public and free of charge
- No commercial advertising, direct solicitation or fundraising is allowed
- Library events are typically scheduled a minimum of three months in advance