Date: January 17, 2019
Need cash for college?
Attend a FREE Cash for College workshop to get hands-on assistance completing and submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or California Dream Act (CADAA) and Chafee Grant for Foster Youth applications by the March 2, 2019 deadline. Information and materials all students will need to bring to complete the FAFSA or Dream Act application:
1. Student and parent (if applicable) Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). Each student and parent needs one. Create a FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov. FSA ID is not necessary for Dream Act applicants.
2. Student’s Social Security card and drivers license (or government-issued ID), if available
3. Parent’s Social Security card (if available)
4. Parent’s federal income tax return from tax year 2017
5. Records of untaxed income such as child support, TANF, interest income, veterans non-education benefits, Social Security benefits
6. Student’s 2017 federal income tax return, or evidence of income earned (W-2 form or pay records)
7. Bank account records or statements
8. Records of stocks, bonds or investments
9. Business records
10. If not a US citizen, bring alien registration card (if available)
11. A list of the colleges you are interested in