Complete the library card application form below for adults age 18 and older.
If you do not have an email address, please use this application. Out-of-area CA residents will need to visit a Sacramento library location to apply for and receive a card.
By applying for a Sacramento Public Library card:
- I understand the library provides a broad range of materials, in print, in other formats, as well as through the Internet, some of which may not be suitable for minors.
- I understand that Library policy permits children access to all resources and materials within the library. All library cardholders are granted user confidentiality under the California Public Records Act (Government Code 6267) which prohibits the release of circulation records of library users.
- I accept responsibility for the selections I make for myself and selections made by my children.
- I agree to obey the rules and regulations of the Sacramento Public Library and to be responsible for all materials borrowed and for all charges incurred for any lost or damaged materials borrowed with this card, and know the Library may use a recovery agency to ensure the return of materials and the payment of fees.
- I agree to notify the Library of changes in address or email address, telephone number, and name, or if this card is lost or stolen.