Get free access to books, materials, digital media, learning resources, Wi-Fi, and more.
Sacramento Public Library has 28 library locations throughout the Sacramento region. Find library hours and a location near you.
Borrow up to 60 items
• Books, board games, video games, DVDs and more.
• Materials available in 13 languages
• Borrow items for up to 3 weeks with no late fines
• Renew online, in-person, or by phone.
• Borrow and return items to any of our 28 locations
• Ask us to help you find your next great read
Download free ebooks, music and videos
• Borrow items from our digital collection
from your mobile device.
• Download Libby
to borrow up to 60 titles each month. Stream concerts and get access to video courses.
• Download Hoopla
to borrow up to 5 titles each month with no wait times.
Parents and caregivers
Books are just the beginning
• Get homework help
for Kindergarten through 12th grade students.
• Discover early learning activities
to help your child learn.
• Earn your GED or an accredited high school diploma online
• Find free adult tutors
to improve your reading, writing or math skills.
• Choose from 3 different online language learning
• Take professional classes and tutorials
with LinkedIn Learning, ArtistWorks, Gale Courses and more.
• Reserve a computer at most library locations online
or by calling (916) 264-2920.
• Print from anywhere on any device using the library’s printers
• Borrow a wi-fi hotspot or Chromebook
Join us for events & programs
• From storytime and book clubs to teen spaces and wellness programs, there is something for everyone. View our calendar for events of all ages.
Renew materials or make account changes
• Online via My Account
• By phone at (916) 264-2952
• By visiting any of our library locations
• See our complete Borrowing Policy
for full details.
Let's stay in touch
Sign up for our newsletter to receive monthly news and updates from Sacramento Public Library.
What if I lose my library card?
Notify library staff as soon as possible by email or calling (916) 264-2920. You’re responsible for any items checked out using your library card before notifying us that it has been lost or stolen.
How do I renew my card?
Call (916) 264-2920 or visit any Sacramento Public Library location to renew your card. You will need your current library card or photo identification, and an account balance of $0.00. If you have concerns about any charges, give us a call to discuss any outstanding balances.
Will I be fined if my item is overdue?
As of July 1, 2021, Sacramento Public Library is fine free. You will not be charged fines on overdue items that are returned. Cardholders are responsible for lost or damaged materials and fees may apply.
The Sacramento Public Library Authority complies with all sections of the State of California Public
Records Act. All registration and circulation records of library users shall remain confidential and
shall not be disclosed to any person, local, state, or federal agency unless required by law or court
order. Confidentiality extends to database search records, computer use records, and all other
personally identifiable uses of library materials, programs or services.