Simplifying your voting experience.
We make voting convenient and quick. This fall, select locations will be ready for you to cast your vote with us.
- Ballot drop boxes at 26 library locations during regular business hours
- Vote centers at 11 library locations October 31 to November 3
- All 26 library locations will be available from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day, November 3
- Events and programs for you to stay up-to-date about everything on your ballot
Call the library's dedicated voting information line at (916) 331-VOTE (8683) for details on ballot drop box locations, vote centers and how to volunteer at the library.
Learn more about voter registration and election from Sacramento County.
Sacramento County Elections
Ballot drop boxes
Vote-by-mail voters can drop off completed ballot envelopes at 26 library locations October 6 through November 2, during normal hours of operations. These ballot drop box locations will be available from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day, November 3. No postage will be needed when using a drop box. The following locations
will host ballot drop boxes:
- Ballot drop boxes are available at these locations, Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Arcade, Arden-Dimick, Belle Cooledge, Carmichael, Central, Colonial Heights, Del Paso, Elk Grove, Franklin, Fair Oaks, Galt-Marian O. Lawrence, Martin Luther King, Jr., McKinley, North Highlands-Antelope, North Sacramento-Hagginwood, North Natomas, Rancho Cordova, Rio Linda, Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven, Southgate, South Natomas, Sylvan Oaks and Valley Hi-North Laguna locations.
- Isleton Library ballot drop boxes are available Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Nonie-Wetzel Courtland Library ballot drop boxes are available Wednesdays and Fridays from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Walnut Grove Library ballot drop boxes are available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
View all official ballot drop box locations in Sacramento County.
Library vote centers
The following 11 locations will serve as in-person vote centers starting October 31 through November 2, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. These vote centers will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day, November 3. Please note that library services at these vote center locations will be temporarily suspended on Election Day, with the exception of Walnut Grove Library.
Arcade Library | Arden-Dimick Library | Carmichael Library | Colonial Heights Library | North Highlands-Antelope Library | North Natomas Library | Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven Library | South Natomas Library | Sylvan Oaks Library | Valley-Hi North Laguna Library | Walnut Grove Library
View all official Vote Centers in Sacramento County.
Track your vote-by-mail ballot
The California Secretary of State is now offering Where’s My Ballot?—a new way for voters to track and receive notiﬁcations on the status of their vote-by-mail ballot. “BallotTrax, Where’s My Ballot?” allows voters to know where their ballot is, and its status, every step of the way.
Sacramento County is one of the participating counties. How you vote won’t be revealed but you can follow your ballot to see it received and ready to be counted.
Track my ballot
2020 Project for an Informed Electorate at Sacramento State Initiative Explainer with the Legislative Analyst’s Office and Sacramento Public Library
Vote at the Library: Schedule starting October 31 – November 3
* Ella K. McClatchy and Orangevale libraries are currently closed.
Can I register to vote at the library?
Yes. Make an appointment for a public computer to register online or register at one of our 11 vote centers that open on October 31 through November 3.
What is a vote center?
You can vote in-person at a vote center, October 31 through November 3. You can also pick up a replacement ballot, register to vote, and obtain voting assistance. Vote centers are staffed by county election employees.
What is a ballot drop box location?
Vote-by-mail voters can drop off completed ballots starting October 6. All 26 library locations have a secured ballot drop box, which is picked up regularly by county election staff. Drop boxes will be available during hours listed above.