Español | English
Join us for our Summer Reading Challenge, June 1 - August 15.
Dive into a good read and join us for our Summer Reading Challenge. Read anything you want – books, ebooks, graphic novels, magazines, audiobooks – it all counts. Log your reading and complete activities to earn badges and prizes.
How It Works
1. Sign up for Summer Reading. You can sign up multiple readers in your household.*
2. Read what you love and log your reading.
3. Complete activities to earn badges.
4. Earn prizes for reading.
*You can also download the Beanstack app on your mobile device to track your Summer Reading activity.
Every book you read and every Summer Reading activity that you complete earns you 100 points for prizes and virtual badges. You can start earning points starting June 1 by logging books and activities.
• Adults who read 5 books or earn 500 points will receive a coupon for one free book at the Book Den and a tote bag.
• Youth who read 5 books or earn 500 points will receive one free book of their choice.
• Readers of all ages who read 25 books or earn 2,500 points will receive a Summer Reading medal.
• Youth who read 5 books can also receive a free swim pass to City of Sacramento pools. Each pass admits one youth and one adult to the following City pools free of charge: Cabrillo, Clunie, Doyle, George Sim, Glenn Hall, Johnston, Mangan, McClatchy, North Natomas Aquatic Center, Oki, Pannell Meadowview, and Tahoe Park.
Summer Reading Kick Off (Saturday, May 20, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
Celebrate with Sacramento Public Library as we kick off the 2023 Summer Reading Challenge. Join us at McClatchy Park in Sacramento’s Oak Park Neighborhood for a family friendly festival!
Special thanks to Friends of The Sacramento Public Library official sponsor of Summer Reading.