Join us for our Summer Reading Challenge June 1 - August 15.
Sign up starting May 21 and continue logging books and claiming prizes until August 31.
Español | English
Reading can take you anywhere. Dive into a good read and join us for our Summer Reading Challenge. Read anything you want and log your reading to earn a prize and complete activities to earn badges. Books, ebooks, graphic novels, audiobooks – whatever your pleasure, if you love it, keep on reading.
How it works
1. Sign up for Summer Reading. You can sign up multiple readers in your household.*
2. Read what you love and log your reading.
3. Complete activities to earn badges.
4. Earn prizes for reading.
*You can also download the Beanstack app on your mobile device to track your Summer Reading activity.
Every book you read and every Summer Reading activity that you complete earns you 100 points for prizes and virtual badges. You can start earning points right now by logging books and activities.
• Adults who read 5 books or earn 500 points will receive a coupon for one free book at the Book Den and a choice of a tote bag or chip clip.
• Youth who read 5 books or earn 500 points will receive one free book of their choice.
• Readers of all ages who read 25 books or earn 2,500 points will receive a Summer Reading medal.
Summer Reading Kick Off (May 21, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.)
Celebrate with Sacramento Public Library as we kick off the 2022 Summer Reading Challenge. Join us at McClatchy Park in Sacramento’s Oak Park Neighborhood for a family friendly festival, with music, art, and activities by ARTners, Bigger Than Us Arts, Cascabel de Dos Rios, Escape Velocity Foundation, Sacramento Poet Laureate Andru Defeye, Sol Collective, and more!
Special thanks to Friends of The Sacramento Public Library official sponsor of Summer Reading.