The Elk Grove Library was established in October 1908 as the first county “free library” in California. Our branch has been housed in several Elk Grove locations, during the past 100 years, until moving to its current site at 8900 Elk Grove Boulevard, which opened December 6, 2008. Located in the heart of downtown Elk Grove, we are within walking distance of several elementary schools and Elk Grove High School.
Additional parking available behind Journey Church at 9645 Elk Grove Florin Road
View our events on a printable monthly calendar.