Think of it as a meetup — for your mind.
Let's Talk About engages the local community in the lost art of conversation by addressing the topics we often shy away from — from a divergent way of thinking to the controversies we see in the news.
Join us as an observer or a thoughtful contributor. The event is yours and we promise to provide a respectful environment for you to discover, learn and grow.
- June 3, 2018 — Let's Talk About: Homelessness
- September 23, 2018 — Let's Talk About: TBD
- November 18, 2018 — Let's Talk About: Suicide
LET'S TALK HOST
Lott Hill is the Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning at University of the Pacific in California. He has taught classes in creative writing, cultural studies, journalism, service-learning, and collaborative portfolio development. His work in faculty development and student learning is underpinned by the principles and practices of social and restorative justice, civic engagement, equity and inclusion, and community building as pedagogical practice.
Suggest a discussion
Have an idea for a future discussion? Send us an email. We’d like to hear your thoughts.
- Bullying with Claire Howley, Eric Glassman and Dr. Laura Kester (March 11, 2018)
- Fake news with local political and journalistic experts (November 19, 2017)
- Gender with Dr. Gayle Pitman and Rachael Hudson (June 11, 2017)
- Immigration with Firoozeh Dumas (March 7, 2017)
- Voting with the Project for an Informed Electorate (Sept. 28, 2016)
- Death & dying with Caitlin Doughty (May 15, 2016)
- Race & racism with Ginger Rutland and Dia Penning (Feb. 28, 2016)
* Discussion topics are subject to change.