Hours and Locations
Sacramento Public Library offers curbside pickup service at most locations.
How it works
- Curbside service is available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Arcade, Arden-Dimick, Belle Cooledge, Carmichael, Central, Colonial Heights, Del Paso Heights, Elk Grove, Ella K. McClatchy, Fair Oaks, Franklin, Galt-Marian O. Lawrence, Martin Luther King, Jr., McKinley, North Highlands-Antelope, North Sacramento-Hagginwood, North Natomas, Orangevale, Rancho Cordova, Rio Linda, Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven, Southgate, South Natomas, South Natomas, Sylvan Oaks, and Valley Hi-North Laguna locations.
- Isleton Library curbside service is available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Nonie-Wetzel Courtland Library curbside service is available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Walnut Grove Library curbside service is available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
Patrons can visit their library location during curbside hours once they receive a notice that their holds are available. When you arrive, text us at the number posted on the curbside pickup sign. Include your name and library card number in your text and staff will prepare the materials. We will text you when your items are ready at the pickup table.
How do I return items?
Patrons can return library materials using our book drops
available 24/7 at select locations.
When are my materials due?
We will check out all materials to patrons for three weeks. Most items can be renewed up to 10 times if there isn’t a waitlist. Renew your library items or make changes to your account online via My Account by calling (916) 264-2952 or when you visit any of our locations.
How do I place an item on hold?
To place a hold on library materials:
- Log in to your library account using your library card number and pin
- Search for items in the Catalog by entering titles or genres in the Search window
- Select Place Hold
How can I find my library card number?
Your library card number is a 14-digit number that can be found on your library card. If you are logged in to My Account, you can find your library card number on the Account Settings page. For assistance, call our Customer Service (916) 264-2920.
How can I pick up my materials curbside if I do not have a mobile phone or cannot text?
Call Customer Service at (916) 264-2920 or text the branch specific curbside number in advance to advise us when you wish to pick up your materials.
What should I do if I have a question regarding my curbside pickup while I’m at the branch?
Call Customer Service at (916) 264-2920 if you have a question when you arrive at pickup.
Can I drop off donated materials?
The library is not accepting donations at this time.
What safety measures are being taken for the public and staff?
Library staff have been trained on COVID-19 and ways to prevent its spread including completing a daily health check, the practice of wearing face coverings, practicing social distancing, and safe handling of materials. For the safety of or community we provide face masks and hand sanitizer and routinely disinfect high-touch surfaces.