Sacramento Public Library is offering curbside pickup and returns of library materials at 26 locations.
Hours and Locations
How it works
- Curbside service is available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Arcade, Arden-Dimick, Belle Cooledge, Carmichael, Central, Colonial Heights, Del Paso, Elk Grove, Franklin, Fair Oaks, Galt-Marian O. Lawrence, Martin Luther King, Jr., McKinley, North Highlands-Antelope, North Sacramento-Hagginwood, North Natomas, Rancho Cordova, Rio Linda, Robbie Waters Pocket-Greenhaven, Southgate, South Natomas, Sylvan Oaks and Valley Hi-North Laguna locations.
- Isleton Library curbside service is available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Nonie-Wetzel Courtland Library curbside service is available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Walnut Grove Library curbside service is available Tuesdays through Saturdays from 1 to 6 p.m.
- Ella K. McClatchy Library and Orangevale Library are not available for curbside service at this time.
Patrons can visit their library location during curbside hours once they receive a notice that their holds are available. When you arrive, text us at the number posted on the curbside pickup sign. Include your name and library card number in your text and staff will prepare the materials. We will text you when your items are ready at the pickup table. Patrons may also return items in the bin designated for returns during hours of operations.
Please note that book drops at select locations are available at this time. We are not accepting donations at this time.
Materials will be checked out to patrons for six weeks with no overdue fines applied to these materials. Wait times for holds placed online may take longer than usual for pickup as we have a large backlog. We appreciate your patience.
How do I return items?
Patrons can return library materials during our hours of operation in the designated bin. Please note that book drops
are available at select locations. Returned items will be placed in quarantine for 96 hours and will not be checked in immediately. Items may take up to a week to lear from your account.
When are my materials due?
We will check out all materials to patrons for six weeks. You can return your materials earlier if you are done enjoying them.
How do I place an item on hold?
To place a hold on library materials:
- Log in to your library account using your library card number and pin
- Search for items in the Catalog by entering titles or genres in the Search window
- Select Place Hold
Wait times for holds are currently longer than usual. Thank you for your patience.
How can I find my library card number?
Your library card number is a 14-digit number that can be found on your library card. If you are logged in to My Account, you can find your library card number on the Account Settings page. For assistance, call our Customer Service hotline (916) 264-2920.
How can I pick up my materials if I do not have a mobile phone or cannot text?
Call Customer Service at (916) 264-2920 in advance to advise us when you wish to pick up your materials.
What should I do if I have a question regarding my curbside pickup while I’m at the branch?
Call Customer Service at (916) 264-2920 if you have a question when you arrive at pickup.
Can I drop off donated materials?
The library is not accepting donations at this time.
What safety measures are being taken for the public and staff?
We will be employing social distancing and public health recommendations for operations. Library staff have been trained on COVID-19 and ways to prevent its spread including the practice of wearing face coverings and safe handling of materials prepared. This includes placing all returned items in quarantine for 96 hours and placing items at the curbside pickup table to reduce contact. We are also providing staff with face coverings, gloves, etc.