Instantly stream movies and music or save for later.
Choose from popular titles, including The Great British Baking Show, Imagine Dragons and Hamilton.
- Movies for every interest — from new releases to documentaries to classic films
- Discover new music and enjoy favorites with more than 300,000 complete albums
- Compatible with most devices, whether you use a tablet, computer or a streaming player like Roku
Choose from thousands of movies, television shows and music albums. With no waiting, titles can be streamed immediately, or downloaded to phones or tablets for offline enjoyment later. Titles are automatically returned and removed from your device at the end of the lending period.
Hoopla Digital is available as a mobile app or can be streamcast with Chromecast, Alexa, Roku, Android TV, Fire TV or Apple TV.
This video streaming platform offers over 30,000 films (documentaries, international films, blockbuster movies, learning cinema, TV series, and a whole kids collection). Kanopy is available on numerous devices (desktop, smart phones, tablets, TVs, etc.) to accommodate its users.
LGBTQ Studies in Video
A cinematic survey of the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people as well as the cultural and political evolution of the LGBT community. This first-of-its-kind collection features award-winning documentaries, interviews, archival footage, and select feature films exploring LGBT history.
Alexander Street Collections
The following resources are supported in whole or in part by funding provided by the State of California, administered by the California State Library.
- Theater, Music and Dance Video Collection A diverse collection of Music, Dance and Theatre content, covering hundreds of genres and a wide range of content types, from instruction to performance. Leading content providers include the National Theatre, Royal Shakespeare Company, Qwest TV, Smithsonian, L.A. Theatre Works, Broadway On-Demand, and many more.
- Audio Drama: The L.A. Theatre Works Collections Delivers some of the most significant dramatic literature of the 19th, 20th, and 21st centuries by leading actors from around the world, all from the curated archive of the nation’s premiere radio theatre company and recorded specifically for online listening.
- Music Online: Smithsonian Global Sound for Libraries Provides an extensive virtual encyclopedia of unique American folk, blues, soul, jazz, and protest songs, as well as a broad range of world music through partnership with Smithsonian Folkways Recordings.
Explore the world’s largest streaming collection of full length music performances, concert films, and music documentaries. Offers thousands of films and documentaries with new concerts added every week streamed to any device. You can find Qello in the Libby app.
Stream episodes from 60 Minutes from 1997-2014. Each news segment serves as a standalone short documentary on a specific news topic.
How long can I borrow movies and music?
Hoopla movies checkout for three days and Hoopla music for seven days. Kanopy titles check out for three days. Everything returns automatically on the due date.
How many items can I checkout?
Hoopla offers seven checkouts per month. Libby allows 60 checkouts at a time. You may also place up to 30 items on hold in Libby.
Why are there wait lists for digital content?
Some of our ebook and media collections, like Libby, are limited to one copy per user. To keep wait lists from getting too long, we buy as many copies as possible. Everything on Hoopla is available for immediate checkout, with no waiting. However, not every title is available on Hoopla due to licensing restrictions.