Learn how to repair your vehicle, or how to drive it.
Sacramento Public Library’s digital tools will help answer your automotive questions:
Auto Repair and Maintenance
- Learn how to repair or maintain your vehicle
- Prepare for technician exams
- Prepare for driver’s education and examinations
The Chilton Library for automotive repairs and maintenance is a useful DIY database for car owners and technicians. The Chilton database is updated annually with maintenance and specification tables for the newest make and models. It is also the go-to preparatory resource for technicians in training.
Driving Tests and Prep
Navigating the California Department of Motor Vehicles can be intimidating for anyone, but especially new drivers. So we offer an easy-to-follow driver’s prep resource with all the information you need.
- Practice tests for car, motorcycle, CDL, and handbooks
- Available in English, Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Tagalog, Armenian, Farsi and Punjabi
- Practice for exam day with our Exam Simulator
- Timeline explaining age requirements for each step toward licensure